Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Nearly 4 months later...

Okay...I was called out for not blogging...so here it goes! Be prepared, this will be a long one!

So, where to start...Most of ya'll know from Facebook, but I joined Gold's Gym. I started by going to "RPM" which is a spin class. It totally kicked my ass every time! It was a good workout! I loved it! I went every Monday, Wednesday and Friday and went and did "my own thing" (mainly treadmill and some ab work) on Tuesday, Thursday, Saturday and Sunday. After a month or so of that type of working out I started working with a friends trainer in his "class" on Tuesday and Thursday...which led to working with them all the time and not going to spin class anymore. I just felt like I was getting a better workout with Mace (pronounced Mossy) and the other girls. He does circuit-type training, we do cardio, abs, weights, aerobics and any other "ass-kicking" workouts he can think of. It's an awesome workout every time...even if I cuss Mace out every time! He likes to push us to the limit, and maybe a little bit further...and it's AWESOME!!!! I might go back to spin once in a while, but not all the time. As of this morning I have lost 19lbs since the end of July. I would like for that number to be higher, but I have lost one dress size, so that's good! It feels good to have to pull my pants up all day long! LOL Also, I fit into a pair of jeans I haven't worn in about 4 or 5 years! So all in all the "Journey" is going good...even though I want it to be better!

Next update is a lot more serious...and if you've been on Facebook you probably know about this as well. David was diagnosed with a brain tumor on Friday. It all started with a headache that wouldn't go away on Friday afternoon. By the time I got off work at 6:00 Friday evening the headache had gotten so bad he was nauseated and dizzy. We had errands to run Friday, David thought he should go to the E.R. so he told me to drop him off at the hospital and go run the errands and then come back up there; so that's what I did. When I got back up to the E.R. they had already done a CT Scan. Shortly after I got back the doctor came in and said "we saw a spot on the CT Scan, but they aren't the best to see things on the brain so we need to get an MRI" then he left the room. No further explanation than that! I was pretty nervous after this, so when they took him up for the MRI I promptly went outside for a cigarette (no lectures, please) and a phone call to Mom...both of those are the way to calm my nerves! After a small breakdown and Mom convincing me I need to call a friend to come sit with me I called Amanda. She came up to the hospital, which definitely helped since by the time David got back from the MRI he was full of pain meds and so tired that he couldn't keep his eyes open! The MRI took 2 hours! I later found out it took that long because he was in so much pain they had to stop the scan and give him more meds. Once he got back, the doc finally came in (about an hour later) and told us that there was a mass in his brain. He reassured us that it was a small slow growing tumor and by the looks of it, it was very treatable and set us up with Dr. Steven Zilienski a neurologist here in Waco. Finally at 2:30 in the morning, we went home. Monday morning we went to see Dr. Z and he helped us understand everything a little better. We got to see the actual images from the MRI. He kept referring to the tumor as small, but when we saw the pictures, it looked huge to me! It's about the size of an acorn, I think, that's what it seemed like, it might not be that big, I've never looked at MRI images before, so it might "appear larger than actual size" or something like that! Anyway, Dr. Z said by looking at the images, he is 90% sure that it's not cancer, just a "fatty cell tumor". He said it's a super slow growing tumor and he's had it for years, it's just grown enough that it's putting pressure on the cerebellum (sp?) and brain stem which is causing the headaches. Dr. Z said it does need to be taken out ASAP to prevent any further problems. He is sending us to UT Southwest in Dallas for the surgery, since Waco doesn't have facilities to accommodate brain surgery; which is fine by me, I don't know that I trust the hospitals in Waco enough! The worst part of the appointment on Monday was the fact that David can't work until after the surgery and recovery. My biggest stress right now is financial. Luckily, David has Short Term Disability at work, so even though he's not working we wont be totally out of his paycheck.

Hopefully we'll find out tomorrow when the consultation at UT Southwest is. I will update everyone as soon as we find out. Right now we need lots and lots of prayers, for his health, both or our sanity, and for the doctors who'll be working with him. I definitely believe in the power of prayer, I've seen it work too many times...We have a lot of prayer warriors out there in our corner, but we can always use more!!!


I warned you this would be a long post...Love to all!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment