Saturday, April 10, 2010

Blog - Day one..."Diet" - Day 2

OK, so I decided to start this blog to go along with my "diet". I really hate that word...it's always been a bad word to me. No "diet" has ever worked for me before. This time, I'm doing the Weight Watcher's Points...kind of...I'm counting points, but not doing the meetings and all that.

My plan for this...lets call it a "change" rather than a "diet"...is to loose enough weight to go down in clothing size enough to be able to shop in the "normal" section of a clothing store. To be honest, I don't even care if I'm the biggest size in that section. I just want to be able to walk into basically any store in the mall and be able to buy clothes. I don't want to have to go clear to the back of the store, if I'm lucky enough for them to have a "plus-size" section. It would be nice to be able to wear an XL t-shirt!!!

I haven't weighed yet since starting this change but I'm going to go buy a scale tomorrow. I have never in my life owned a scale. I hate the scale! It's always been an evil thing to me...EVIL! But, I'm gonna bite the bullet and buy one. My sister says its the only way she's stayed on her change so I have to give in! :) Miranda's lost over 30 pounds since January, and to be honest, she's part of the motivation for this change.

The other motivation for me is medical. I've always said "I may be fat, but at least I'm healthy" but that changed with my last 2 lady-doctor appointments. It's nothing major at this point, but I have high(ish) blood pressure. It's not in the dangerous range or anything like that, but it's enough that my doctor said I need to go see my regular doctor about getting put on blood pressure medicine. If you know me at all, you know I'm not a huge fan of doctors or medicine...so I decided I'd try to fix the problem by loosing weight.

I've been told over and over I need a "tangible goal" with a time-line and all that fun stuff. I don't have a specific weight in mind (like I said earlier) but my goal is to be shopping in the "normal" size clothes by the end of the year. If I see that I'm dropping sizes quicker than that, then I'll amend my goal. I'm starting in a size 22-24, I don't even know for sure what the normal size stores go up to...but I'm thinking getting down to a 12-14 (or 10-12) would be good. I'll find out my semi-starting weight tomorrow.

I'm planning on starting my walking regimen again this weekend. That consists of me walking for 30-45 minutes at least three nights a week. I might change it up a bit and start walking in the mornings before work though, we'll have to see how that all works out. I also play softball one night a week, I normally don't play as much as I coach but I'm gonna change that up too. I'm gonna do my best to play more.

I won't bore you all with my actual food diary...but I will try to blog on here at least once a week with a weight update. I'm gonna put my weight on the Internet...what the hell am I thinking?!?!?!? :) I guess I need this as another motivational tool...

Good night for now, I'll update tomorrow with my starting weight...blech!!!!

1 comment:

  1. It's awesome Meagan! At least you have decided to start!! My blood pressure was so high one day, it made my nose bleed! I've been taking blood pressure medicines since 2005. Within the last year, I've started on fluid pills also, which absolutely SUCK! I was also put on diabetes medications. It's terrifying to know that I may not be around to see my daughter graduate from high school because I'm fat and have all these health problems. For so long in my life, I have told myself "I may be fat, but I'm happy." Truth is, I was trying to convince myself more than I was trying to convince others. I hate being fat. It makes me sick to my stomach, LITERALLY. I can't stand to look at myself in a mirror and hate the thought of sex... I'm repulsed by myself. I was always told that you have to first love yourself before you can love anyone else. I don't think that's true. I love my family! I would do anything for them and I always put their needs before my own. Well, no more sister!! I still love my family, but I have created time for just ME to go do whatever it is I want to do. In my case, normally, it's Zumba. I have learned that I have to make time for me.. My needs matter too in this life! If I don't take care of myself, who will? :o) I'm right here with you on this weight loss thing! I'm in a 22/24 also, so we have the same goal- sort of.. I'd be happy just to get back into an 18! Maybe a 16, but right now, my goal is an 18! I have 8 months to go down 4 dress sizes. I want to be in an 18 when I graduate. So, let's do this together!! :o)

    ReplyDelete