Wednesday, April 21, 2010

10 Years...really!?!?!

Today is my 10 year wedding anniversary. It doesn't seem like it's been that long! (most of the time...sometimes it feels longer! LOL) Love you hunny!!! We went to La Fiesta (a Mexican resturant for those of you who don't know) and ate out on the patio while enjoying some good music played by a friend of ours. I'm proud of myself for my dinner choice too...I had Pollo Con Queso (with the queso on the side), basically it was a peice of grilled chicken on a bed of rice. I ate some chips and salsa, the chicken with very little queso, an not even half of the rice and beans!!! Normally, I would have eaten everything on my plate! The meal even comes with tortillas...and I didn't eat ANY!!!!!!!!

Joy, my diet buddy at work told me today that she's really proud of me. She's done the Weight Watchers Point thing for over a year and lost nearly 70 lbs. She said she can see how determined I am! I've made myself a spreadsheet that I use to keep track of everything I eat and the points. It's also tracking my weight. One of these days I might post it for ya'll to see...if you want me too. I have to say...overall, I'm proud of myself too! I'm doing better at making smarter choices at resturants...which has always been the most difficult part for me. I even had Taco Bell for lunch the other day (thanks to Natalie forcing me to eat something besides my normal lunch of tuna and crackers) and I ordered off the Fresco Menu (at the suggestion of my sister!)...it was actually good! I couldn't wrap my head around the thought of Mexican food without cheese...but it was good! It was 13 points, which is a little high for lunch...I had 1 burrito and 2 tacos, the burrito was 7 points, so next time I'll stick with just 3 tacos (9 points total)!

I had been slacking a bit on the "exercising" part of this journey...but tonight I started up again. I went for a 30 minute walk around the complex again. The weather was georgous tonight! I'm planning on going again Friday...maybe even tomrrow...I don't know that I'll be up to going EVERY night, but I will do my best to go at least 3 times a week from now on! It's good "me time" too, I just turn on the Ipod and take off!

I have people telling me to weigh daily, and people telling me not to. I like to weigh daily because I can see that even if I don't loose that much as a total weekly loss, I can see the lowest point I was in the week (ya know what I mean?). I forgot to weigh this morning though, but yesterday I was down another 1/2 pound! Hopefully after my "workout" tonight I will see it drop again in the morning. I'm gonna do my best to not let it get me down again if it doesn't!

1 comment:

  1. You're doing great sister-pister! I'm proud and happy for you. Happy anniversary and great job at the restaurant! Taco Bell has become my favorite place to eat since I started dieting. LOVE those fresco tacos! Keep up the good work and someday we'll take our hottie-bodies out dancing together.

    ReplyDelete